TODAY IS FRIDAY AUGUST 24, 2018. OUR OFFICE HAS LOST POWER SO WE HAVE TO SHUT DOWN FOR THE DAY. WE WILL BE BACK UP AND RUNNING TOMORROW AT 8:00 A.M. SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE. THANK YOU
HOLIDAY HOURS FOR 2018
- Friday, March 30, 2018 - Good Friday - Half day Close at 11:30 a.m.
- Monday, May 28, 2018 - Memorial Day - Office Closed
- Wednesday, July 4, 2018 - 4th of July - Office Closed
- Monday, September 3, 2018 - Labor Day - Office Closed
- Thursday November 22, 2018 - Thanksgiving day Closed
- Friday November 23, 2018 - Day after Thanksgiving open until 11:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, December 5, 2018 Closed at 2:00 p.m.
- Monday, December 24, 2018 - Christmas Eve open until 11:30 a.m.
- Tuesday, December 25, 2018 - Christmas Day Closed
- Monday December 31, 2019 - New Years Eve - Open until 11:30 a.m.
- Tuesday, January 1, 2019 - Office Closed New Years
TO REVIEW OUR REVISED HIPAA NOTICE PLEASE CLICK THE LINK BELOW:
As part of our affiliation with Lurie Children’s Hospital, please complete this survey based on your last appointment with our office.
The Access Code is: peds96
Thank you for your help.
INFLUENZA A & B
Influenza A&B are respiratory viruses that flourish during the winter months. Symptoms start abruptly and usually include high fevers, cold symptoms, deep hacky cough; headache and body aches, and sometimes nausea and vomiting.
The illness usually lasts 5-7 days. There is a rapid flu test to diagnose, but it is not necessary. Treatment is directed at the symptoms: fluids, fever medicine, vaporizer, rest. The illness is viral, so antibiotics don’t help. Antiviral medinces like Tamiflu only shorten the illness by one day, and can cause psychosis in children, so they are almost never prescribed.