HOLIDAY HOURS FOR 2017
- Thursday November 23, 2017 - Thanksgiving day Closed
- Friday November 24, 2017 - Day after Thanksgiving open until 11:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, December 6, 2017 Closed at 2:00 p.m.
- Monday December 25, 2017 - Christmas Day Closed
- Monday January 1, 2018 - New Years Closed
TO REVIEW OUR REVISED HIPAA NOTICE PLEASE CLICK THE LINK BELOW:
As part of our affiliation with Lurie Children’s Hospital, please complete this survey based on your last appointment with our office.
The Access Code is: peds96
Thank you for your help.
INFLUENZA A & B
Influenza A&B are respiratory viruses that flourish during the winter months. Symptoms start abruptly and usually include high fevers, cold symptoms, deep hacky cough; headache and body aches, and sometimes nausea and vomiting.
The illness usually lasts 5-7 days. There is a rapid flu test to diagnose, but it is not necessary. Treatment is directed at the symptoms: fluids, fever medicine, vaporizer, rest. The illness is viral, so antibiotics don’t help. Antiviral medinces like Tamiflu only shorten the illness by one day, and can cause psychosis in children, so they are almost never prescribed.